The Housing Occupancy Specialist is responsible to administer the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Programs initial/continued eligibility and inspection functions for HACR.
- Oversee opening/closing of and maintain the HCV waiting list. Interview housing applicants/participants to obtain information for initial or continued eligibility.
- Collect and record relevant information and documents.
- Review, evaluate, and verify information submitted by applicants and tenants. Determine initial and continued eligibility for HCV Program (recertifications both annual and interim).
- Conduct home visits (as needed) to gather and verify information regarding eligibility verification.
- Calculate tenant rents/HACR HAP payments.
- Process and distribute various forms, inspection records, repair letters and other documents including but not limited to HAP contracts, lease, and lease addendums, etc.
- Operate standard office equipment, including typewriters, personal or on-line computers, facsimile equipment, phones, and postage meters.
- Mediate disputes from applicants, participants, landlords, and other by phone, in person, or in writing.
- Conduct orientation briefings (including portability) for applicants to explain Program rules and regulations.
- Inspect housing units to ensure compliance with Housing Quality Standards (HQS) criteria.
- Conduct rent reasonableness surveys to determine and certify rent comparability; confer with realtors, managers, research and confirm data from other sources to certify validity of market rent information.
- Negotiate initial rents/continuing rents/increases with property owners.
- Prepares and submits monthly utilization reports.
- Prepares and mails 1099 tax statements at years end.
- Prepares and submits MTCS data as needed.
- Conducts workshops for landlords and tenants.
- Prepares Housing Assistance Payments and ensures payment is mailed to property owners on or before the first of each month.
- Any special assignments as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
Must follow set laws and regulations; but, within these guidelines, there is room for discretion.
Must have a valid Indiana Driver’s License.
Reports to the Executive Director. Receives general supervision and works independently on routine matters.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter detailing their qualifications, a resume, a minimum of three (3) professional references and salary history by June 25, 2018:
Derek White, Executive Director
Housing Authority City of Richmond
58 South 15th Street
Richmond, Indiana 47374
NO CALLS PLEASE
Location/Region: Richmond, IN