For more than 40 years Peach State Truck Centers has grown into one of the largest commercial truck dealer groups in the United States. With unmatched customer service, value added solutions and dealerships conveniently located throughout Georgia and Alabama, we are here to serve you and all your commercial truck needs.
Peach State Trucking is currently looking for a Warehouse Clerk to work in our SV Center Forest Park, Georgia location.
This position receives, stores and distributes material and products within the parts warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Assist with unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Move items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sort and place items on racks, shelves or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color or product code.
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and other employee traffic.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Packs core and warranty for return.
- Performs cycle counts.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- English Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Forklift License
Peach State Truck Centers is the holding company for the largest group of Freightliner dealerships in the southeast. We have opportunities in Service, Sales, Parts, Distribution and Corporate Support roles. We have 11 locations in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area, Birmingham and Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
We believe in delivering Service, Solutions and Success (3S) to both our customers and our team members.
Our people are the best in the industry and they work hard every day to make 3S a reality.
When you add Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline every day, (PRIDe) and combine these with 3S incredible things happen. Come and see for yourself!
Location/Region: Forest Park, GA (US)