Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa’s is seeking a Phone Triage/Scheduler. This position will support physicians practicing in multiple specialty lines including Family Practice, PM&R and Plastics. This individual will answer, assist, and/or triage patients calling into or arriving in the department.Other duties include but not limited to:
- Handle incoming calls for direct patient care questions or needs for all providers.
- Triage patient calls by obtaining applicable patient history, specific problems, duration of symptoms, severity, treatment tried and effect on symptoms, list of current medications, date of next appointment, last lab results and date test conducted during patient phone inquiries.
- Accurately and efficiently document patient calls/inquiries and task physician and/or nursing team in Electronic Health Record system
- Schedule appointments as requested by referring providers or patients.
- Maintain computerized appointment schedule and follow office scheduling policies for each provider; update and revise templates with permanent changes as well as edits for absences and vacations.
The successful candidate must maintain patient confidentiality and demonstrate a high level of professionalism at all times. The qualified individual will be patient focused, possess excellent communication skills, and must work well with team members. Must also have a high level of comfort in working with computer systems. Medical office experience preferred but not required.
PCI is E.O.E. Pre-employment drug screen and background check required. PCI is a tobacco free workplace.PLEASE NOTE APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETED IN ITS ENTIRETY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA