Tulane Medical Center – Lakeside Campus, Metairie, LA
Ultrasound Technologist About Tulane Lakeside Hospital Health System For more than 50 years, Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children has provided the knowledge, expertise and specialized care vital to the healthcare needs of women and their babies in Jefferson Parish. Our commitment to treating women and their babies has grown by expanding services and offering a wider range of healthcare options for the entire family. We provide cutting edge technology in many specialties including Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Radiology and Surgery. Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children is part of Tulane Health System, an acclaimed teaching, research and medical system serving the greater New Orleans area. Our mission statement reminds us that above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. When we speak of our mission, we usually think about our dedication to patients and their families and our commitment to them. But we are also equally committed to our employees. You are part of an organization with a long history of compassion and service to patients. The degree to which we as an organization can provide quality healthcare service is highly dependent on how well you are able to perform your job. As a member of our family, you can be assured of: A safe place to work. Having the tools, equipment and training necessary to perform your duties. Open and available communication with your supervisors and the leadership of your facility. A fair application of workplace policies, procedures and disciplinary proceedings. Fair and understandable compensation and benefits.
Tulane Medical Center is currently hiring an Ultrasound Technologist.
The Ultrasound Technologist performs high quality ultrasound procedures, focusing on patient care and education. Supports and helps achieve departmental goals. Primary Job Duties:
- Performs all ultrasound examinations according to established department protocols.
- Assists in minor surgical procedures ‑ biopsies, cyst aspiration, etc.
- Prepares, positions, transfers and informs patients.
- Documents and maintains records of examinations.
- Performs assigned room cleanup tasks including disposal, cleaning, inventory and restocking of supplies and equipment.
- Performs all assigned RIS transactions to ensure that accurate patient and procedure information is recorded in a timely fashion for the patient medical record and billing purposes.
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in patient interactions and treatment.
Qualifications for Ultrasound Technologist:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: CPR, ARDMS registry eligible
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Program
- Experience: Experience preferred, but not required
- Special qualifications: Ability to perform abdominal, OB/GYN, small parts, pediatrics, as well as vascular diagnostic ultrasound procedures. Registered or Registry eligible Hours of work: Employee is required to rotate on-call nights, weekends and holidays.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)