The Pharmacy Technician 2 is accountable for assisting pharmacists in the retrieval, processing, preparation and distribution of medications and sterile products for patient administration. These activities include but are not limited to: (1) unit dose medications and IV admixtures; (2) parenteral nutrition; (3) floor stock pharmaceuticals; (4) controlled substances; (5) and other defined systems. The Technician 2 functions in all aspects of drug distribution that do not require the professional judgment of a pharmacist. All assigned activities are performed under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist and Pharmacy Manager.
1. Accurate preparation of patient medications including sterile products, chemotherapy, unit dose,
cartfills, TPN, narcotics
2. Accurate and timely delivery of patient specific medications
3. Timely delivery and retrieval of patient medications
4. Inventories, replenishes, and maintains drug stock which includes automated dispensing cabinets
5. Adherence to Dept. Policies
6. Assist the Pharmacist with medication/patient care related issues
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Graduate of an accredited pharmacy technician program required.
National Pharmacy Technician Certification required.
State of Ohio Pharmacy Technician License required.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44101)