As part of the Commercial Data Science team, you will collaborate with business partners, service owners and IS peers to develop predictive and prescriptive models and insights across the US Commercial Organization. This position will innovate and create significant business impact through the use of advanced analytics techniques to help Amgen with its mission to serve patients by helping them get the therapies they need.
This position will be primarily responsible for:
- Development of data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence capabilities across Amgen’s commercial organization
- Be part of cross functional teams on projects and/or programs with aims to systematically derive insights that ultimately derive substantial business value for Amgen and our patients
- Building high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts using Python or R
- Identifying business needs and proposing potential analytics approaches for solutions
- Creating prototypes and demonstrations to access and utilize data assets
- Presenting analysis ideas, progress and results to leadership and business partners
- Ensuring systems meet business requirements and industry best practices
- Assuring compliance with regulatory, security, and privacy requirements as it relates to data assets
Master’s degree and 3 years of data science and/or analytics experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of data science and/or analytics experience
- Master’s degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Physics, Statistics, or Operations Research
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with databases including relational, NoSQL, and Graph
- Programming experience with Python, R, or SAS and experience with ML libraries like scikit-learn, MLib, or TensorFlow
- Write well-abstracted and reusable code in Python, R, or Scala; you freely navigate in Linux environment; you can stand up web applications; documentation, version control, and code review is in your blood
- Experience working with large datasets, experience working with distributed computing tools (Spark, Hive, etc.)
- Detail-oriented technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for managing many large and complex datasets.
- Ability to collaborate and influence business partners and other IS resources to drive analytic projects end-to-end
- Ability to communicate analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Passion for learning and staying on top of current developments in advanced analytics
- Biotech / Pharma experience
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location/Region: Thousand Oaks, CA