Amgen is seeking a Senior Associate Data Scientist at our office in Cambridge, MA to join the Attribute Sciences Data Engineering (ASDE) group and who will report into the Process Development Senior Scientist.
This Senior Associate Data Scientist is part of the ASDE group providing support to Amgen’s commercial portfolio through application of process monitoring, data analysis, and engineering principles. The Senior Associate will include identifying abnormal data trends in product and method data, identification of root causes for trends and collaborating cross-functionally to implement corrections. In addition, the Incumbent will focus on identifying and deploying optimization opportunities while offering the opportunity to engage with multiple product modalities across a global manufacturing network.
The Attribute Sciences Data Engineering (ASDE) group applies scientific and technical engineering expertise in support of Amgen’s pipeline and commercial portfolio. This team applies continuous verification principles and advanced data analytics to advance product and method performance.
The Senior Associate Data Scientist is specifically responsible for:
- Applies statistical trending tools to product and method data
- Applies engineering principles and multivariate statistical analysis in-order to understand sources of variation and evaluate opportunities for improvements
- Uses data analytics software to develop visualizations to review, assess, and improve analytical method performance
- Interfaces with QC, quality assurance, and manufacturing organizations to resolve method issues
- Supports generation of annual product review documents, regulatory inspections, and process documentation
- Stays abreast of new technologies and statistical approaches in order to recommend improvements
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Engineering and/or Data Science experience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of Engineering and/or Data Science experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Engineering an/or Data Science experience
- 1-3+ years’ experience in a Biotech / Pharma Process Development and/or Manufacturing Support role
- Experience with engineering principles and statistical analysis, including design of experiments
- Ability to understand and apply statistical process control concepts
- Possess understanding of regulatory and cGMP requirements
- Ability to deliver high quality results in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong leadership skills and decision-making abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimal direction.
- Able to adapt to changing business needs and operational requirements.
- Familiarity with systems used for data analytics
- Understanding of data structures, data types, and system thinking concepts
- Able to multi-task and function in a dynamic environment
- Possesses strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods when appropriate
- Ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of Amgen data structures and metrics
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location/Region: Cambridge, MA