SUNY Delhi seeks a dynamic, forward thinking and engaging Web Developer to the join the Office of Marketing Communications. SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
Principal duties include:
- Identify and develop new web site features, functionality, information architecture, and digital content
- Develop websites that adhere to website style guidelines based on campus branding and assist in creation of new templates, for website and digital campaigns
- CMS management and troubleshooting; reviewing page content and functionality
- Conduct website code reviews for standards and ADA compliance
- Conduct CMS and Accessibility trainings with web editors as needed
- Website search engine optimization; including the use of Google Analytics, Tag Manager
- Help to create and publish web content; assist content editors in maintaining web pages
- Assist with the development, assessment, and implementation of digital marketing campaigns
- Integrate graphic designs, database functionality, and digital media elements as needed
- Monitor website for Accessibility Standards and Quality Assurance
- Form design and maintenance
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Skilled understanding of: UI, cross-browser compatibility, web standards, responsive design, and designing ADA compliant sites, and able to well designed, standards based testable, efficient code
- Ability to Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Work with vendor designs to match visual design intent, and able to create working website from design files
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization, website analytics software including Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) such as OmniUpdate, WordPress, Drupal, ESPs
- Skilled in consulting with users regarding web site development and/or design issues.
- Ability to work individually and within a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience with PhotoShop and video editing software
- Experience with end-user training in CMS, Web Accessibility, and Content Creation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or other related field required.
- Three years of professional web site design and development experience
- Experience managing and administrating Web content management systems (CMS).
- Experience in content management for large websites.
- Available to work weekends and evenings on an occasional basis
- Experience with OmniUpdate CMS, Bootstrap Framework, JQuery, PHP, third party APIs
- Familiarity with website analytics software including google analytics
- Prior experience in a higher education environment
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Knowledge of information architecture, user-centered design, and usability testing
- Demonstrated organizational skills, customer service focus, attention to detail, and openness to new approaches and new ideas.
This is a full-time, professional position that reports to the Web Master. Obligation requires working on site during regular business hours and occasional evenings and weekends
Salary range mid $50's to mid-60's dependent upon qualifications
- This position offers full New York State UUP (FT), benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country with an excellent fringe benefits package
- Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees
- SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
- SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
- Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com
- If you need a disability-related accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clery Statement
Applicants interested in positions may access the Annual Security Report (ASR) for SUNY Delhi by going to . The ASR contains information on campus security policies and certain campus crime statistics. Crime statistics are reported in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. Applicants may request a hard copy of the ASR by contacting the SUNY Delhi University Police Department at 607-746-4700.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
To Apply: https://delhi.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=97777
For full consideration please apply by June 11, 2018
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/x6wh29msyxtqdqy8