The Amgen Postdoctoral Program is committed to providing future scientists with an enriched environment to inspire innovation that will contribute to the development of human therapeutics.
Drs. Nate H. Joh and Marisa M. Joubert in the Attribute Sciences department at Amgen, Inc. are seeking to immediately fill a Postdoctoral Fellow position in molecular biophysics and protein analytical chemistry.
The appointment is 2 years, with an option to extend an additional year contingent on the progress.
The fellow will investigate the impact of attributes of therapeutic macromolecules on the clinical outcomes through testing hypotheses generated by using knowledge in structural biology and/or immunology, via multidisciplinary approaches in data science, analytical chemistry, biophysics and biology, in a result-driven, fast-pace, and highly collaborative environment. Publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at external meetings will be a critical component of the appointment.
PhD at the time of appointment
- PhD in Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Immunology or similar discipline at the time of appointment, with extensive experimental experience
- Highly independent, critical thinker equipped with team-oriented perspective, leadership, strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to collaborate in cross-functional environment
- Capacity to self-develop and contribute innovation by being flexible, and having proclivity for new knowledge and for implementation of novel technologies
- Experience in protein analysis by techniques in spectrometry, chromatography, electrophoresis, structural biophysics or mass spectrometry
- Working knowledge in data science and in development of cell-based assays
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location/Region: Thousand Oaks, CA