Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Job summary:
Processes cardholder/merchant dispute transactions within Visa/MasterCard and federal rules and regulations. Scheduling:
Training will be 8:30am-5pm Monday through Friday. The regular work schedule will be an eight (8) hour shift between 8am-7pm Monday through Friday and my include overtime on Saturday. General duties and responsibilities:
• Learns or remains current on Visa and MasterCard rules and regulations, federal and state regulations, and internal procedures that affect chargeback dispute processing.
• Handles all aspects of the dispute process in compliance with Visa/MasterCard, federal and state rules and regulations.
• Reviews, researches and initiates the resolution of dispute inquiries from cardholders, financial institutions, merchants and internal departments. Disputes that are not processed efficiently and effectively can result in financial loss for FIS and/or merchants.
• Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations in resolving billing errors.
• Responds to telephone inquiries from cardholders, financial institutions, and merchants regarding disputes.
• When unable to resolve the problem in a reasonable amount of time, escalates to the appropriate resource. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn the appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge.
• Handles/resolves non-posted items, retrieval projects and authorization chargebacks.
• Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards and adherence to schedule. •
Performs other related duties as assigned. Educational Requirements:
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role. General knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Knowledge of Visa/MasterCard operating rules and regulations and federal and state regulations
• Knowledge of processes and procedures that affect credit, debit and pre-paid debit dispute processing
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Computer navigation and operation skills
• Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality Intermediate role
. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Performs chargeback/dispute resolution processing and handles dispute inquiries. Questions and issues are predominantly routine but associate must be able to deviate from standard scripts and procedures as needed. Assists with resolving chargeback-related issues within the department. Communicates with agencies concerning chargeback processing. May coach and share information with associates with less experience and/or expertise. Works under close to general supervision with little latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers and team leads to learn through experience. Typically authorized to make decisions regarding items of more than $500 without receiving approval from a team lead or supervisor. Typically requires a minimum of two years of customer service experience . Previous experience in credit, debit or fraud functions and in financial services are required. Previous chargeback experience is preferable.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Saint Petersburg, FL