Job Description: Remittance Processing Associate I Job Summary
Processing customer payments and exceptions in a timely and accurate manner to customer accounts. General Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares customer payments for processing.
• Coordinates set-up and maintenance activities for the remittance processor and related equipment.
• Performs research and adjustment activities.
• Processes exception items.
• Maintains inventory of remittance processing supplies.
• Prepares outgoing collection notices for negotiable instruments, e.g., bonds, food stamps, foreign items.
• Other related duties assigned as needed. Educational Requirements High school diploma or GED. General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Capacity to lift or move up to 30 pounds
• Considerable knowledge of remittance processing
• Proficient written and oral communication skills in dealing with employees or external customers/clients
• Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem-solving techniques required to verify and distribute computer output
• Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem solving techniques required to process client transactions and produce output through computer operations
• Knowledge of the practices, procedures and problem solving techniques involved in item processing
• Knowledge of client specifications for remittance processing
• Knowledge of off-line and peripheral equipment operation and maintenance
• Proficiency to assemble, organize and sequence work
• Knowledge to identify errors in calculations and balances
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Bolingbrook, IL