Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer. Director - Data Governance, Strategy, and Analytics SUMMARY
The Director, Data Strategy, integration and Analytics will be accountable for setting the strategy and direction, establishing governance and for effective management of data, reporting, and technology priorities. This role will report into the Executive Director, Business Analytics and Insights and will have a high impact on the business by influencing the decisions taken by the senior leadership team based on appropriate data usage. The Director will function as liaison to the Information Technology team and support the requirements for the commercial team by providing technical and thought leadership for data evaluation, acquisition and integration, information storage and management, and reports & applications by making the information easily accessible to the users and bringing in best practices. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Level of complexity (inputs), impact (outputs), influence (Recommendations based on use of data are going to influence these)
- Develop the data strategy and vision for building the data ecosystem to evaluate, acquire, integrate, and consume data that drive commercial insights
- Evaluate data that recognizes trends, calling our insights, and making recommendations to the executive leadership team to make recommendations to define business strategy
- Extrapolate, from the data ecosystem, to define the direction of the business and positively impact profitability
- Have the vision on data, articulate it, and apply it in a way that shapes the future direction of business
- Establish data governance by defining how to make data available, usable, and integral with current ecosystem
- Be the steward for Commercial Information and Reporting: as a single point of contact for commercial organization on data and standard reporting
- Responsible for ensuring ownership & accountability matrices of delivering single version of truth to the organization
- Create and ensure that existing governance rules within multiple systems are supporting the top-level insights and outputs
- Review and modify as necessary all existing business rules within the multiple systems as well as developing new business rules as necessary
- Develop change request processes, analyze change requests, identify implementation alternatives and implementation impacts.
- In partnership with IT, develop and implement service level agreement -how data is designed, structured, what is being asked
- Manage team: hire, manage and develop direct report(s)
- 15+ years of work experience in data strategy and acquisition, marketing analytics commercial information management, strategic consulting and/or other analytical work in the pharmaceutical, biotech or related industries in leadership roles with direct management experience
- Bachelor's Degree is a must. MBA or other related graduate-level degree is a plus
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures
- Experience in supporting launch products and/or new launch indications with forecasting and strategic decision support
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) required along with strong project/process management skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong team, including external partners, relationships while driving for positive results.
- High motivation, strong work-ethic and positive attitude while working under tight timelines
- Requirement to work "hands on" with data and analytical tools
- Experience with 3rd party pharmaceutical data like IQVIA (IMS Health) Sales Data (DDD, Xponent, NSP, NPA), Affiliation (HCOS), APLD (Medical Claims), and Specialty pharmacy data.
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct data analyses to generate insights and recommendations
- Previous experience in oncology is required and experience specifically in hematology is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Location/Region: Sunnyvale, CA