Position Responsibilities\Requirements: Look no further! FIS, a Fortune 300 company, is looking for top talent in the Los Angeles, CA area. This is the career opportunity for you!! Aside from offering a challenging and exciting position, with the world's #1 provider of financial technology and services, we also offer competitive benefits and salary. Selected candidates will have the option of enrolling into medical, dental and vision coverage within their first month of employment. Our benefits package also includes three (3) weeks of paid vacation yearly.
In a processing environment, perform one of the following duties: data preparation/receiving, data entry, online reject repair, balancing, dispatch, printing, rendering, check filing, bookkeeping, statement preparation and returns. May also perform tasks such as encoding transit checks and POD documents per client requirements. General Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies errors in calculations and balances and make corrections.
- Receives and prepares physical documents for delivery to the sorting department.
- Performs online reject-repair using a CRT and physical documents.
- Physically repairs rejects.
- Prepares transit cash letters.
- Prepares and dispatches client statements and adjustments as needed.
- Prepares cash letter of return items.
- Performs data entry on an input device/application.
- Reconciles and properly documents all out of proof conditions.
- Compares work product with word standards for accuracy.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or GED.
- Capacity to lift or move up to 30 pounds
- Proficient written and oral communication skills in dealing with employees or external customers/clients
- Knowledge of procedures used to segregate and distribute output
- Knowledge of balancing and correction procedures
- Proficient in entering data into various PC software packages
- Proficient in classifying computer output
- Knowledge to operate a computer effectively and utilize software packages required by the position
- Proficiency to encode 1,000-1,500 items per hour
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of data control. Works under close to moderate supervision with to ensure accuracy. Consults with senior peers on processes or errors to learn through experience. Typically requires up to one year of data control/encoding or equivalent experience.
FISâ¢ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FISâ€™ more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clientsâ€™ business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poorâ€™s 500Â® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA