Responsible for providing desktop and network administration and support to our Managed Services clients. This includes but is not limited to providing remote desktop and network support, providing on-site desktop and network support, performing on-site moves, adds, changes, performing desktop and network administration and monitoring (proactive), and assisting in on-site project implementation.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products
• Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network/server issues
• Controls user access and passwords
• Plans and implements moves, adds and change requests
• Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
• Monitors usage and performance
• Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
• Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products
• Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment
• Partners with Senior Engineers to implement desktop and network projects
• Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth
• Proactively administers and monitors the networks of our managed services customers in an effort to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
• Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Extensive experience providing end-user support via phones and remote management tools
• Strong knowledge of implementing and utilizing remote network management and monitoring tools. (Patchlink, Solarwinds, Insight Manager, etc.)
• Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting network operating systems: Windows 2008/2008R2/2012
• Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting Windows desktop operating systems
• Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting MS Office 2003/2007/2010, Outlook/Exchange, anti-virus, back-ups and other various desktop applications
• Experience supporting Citrix Presentation Server/XenApp at the client and network level
• Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting various back-up and anti-virus solutions at the desktop and enterprise level
• Experience with supporting various server applications (SQL, IIS, etc)
• Ability to analyze data to offer recommendations
• Ability to travel and maintain a flexible work schedule
• Valid state driver's license and good driving record
• Support experience with Citrix Metaframe/XP, network back-up software, and desktop/network anti-virus software
• Support experience with BackOffice Applications is desired
• MCP/MCTS certification is highly desired
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Solves Problems that require analysis and research. Works on small to large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments. Extensive knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach more junior technical staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires four or more years of demonstrated experience.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ