If you have a passion to share knowledge, would like the freedom and autonomy to resolve issues at the domain administrator level, and would like a technical support position that is unlike any you have seen before, then FIS is the next home for you. At FIS we offer the opportunity to build relationships with customers, realize your potential, push your limits and make real contributions to the financial technology industry.
The Technical Support Representative is responsible for delivering Level I & II technical support over the phone in a remote capacity. You will support and administer PCs, thin clients, peripherals, Citrix, various versions of Microsoft Exchange, VMware, servers, and routers adhering to the defined internal escalation process.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide day-to-day technical support to bank employees for network infrastructure, internal desktops and thin clients, servers, and software.
• Account management including adding and deleting users, creating new user accounts, and modifying accounts.
• Maintain passwords, data integrity, and file system security for desktop and Citrix environments.
• Communicate highly technical information in layman terms to non-technical users.
• Recommend hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
• May participate in development of information technology and infrastructure projects.
BS degree in CIS, Business, or related field OR 3+ years of equivalent work experience.
General Knowledge and Skills:
• 3+ years of experience providing end-user LAN/WAN support required.
• Experience supporting desktop operating systems: Windows XP/Vista/7 required.
• Experience supporting MS Office 2003/2007/2010/2013 required.
• Experience with anti-virus and backups required.
• Experience supporting network operating systems: Windows 2003/2008/2008R2 preferred.
• Experience troubleshooting MS Exchange preferred.
• Experience supporting Citrix preferred.
• Ability to work well with people from various disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
• Ability to create and maintain rapport with end users.
• Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally.
• Always striving to learn more.
• Stays up to date with the latest technology.
• Willing to share knowledge with the rest of the team; takes pride in sharing ideas and knowledge.
• Willing to work any schedule Monday through Friday hour of operation 5 AM to 6:30 PM.
Intermediate professional role. Moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Considerable knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field & Considerable knowledge of basic problem resolution/escalation practices. Possesses knowledge in a specific business area. Works on one or more projects as a team member or occasionally as a project lead. May coach more junior technical staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on certain projects. Typically requires a 3 or more years of experience. Typically reports to a Computer Operations Supervisor or Manager.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 53,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
For positions located in the US, the conditions below apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check) ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
As part of the selection process this role may require an assessment to determine suitability
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ