ADMINISTERS LOCAL, INHALATION, INTRAVENOUS, REGIONAL, NEURAXIAL, AND OTHER ANESTHETICS WHICH THE CRNA IS QUALIFIED TO PERFORM TO INDUCE TOTAL OR PARTIAL LOSS OF SENSATION OR CONSCIOUSNESS IN PATIENTS DURING SURGERY, DELIVERIES, OR OTHER MEDICAL AND DENTAL PROCEDURES.
*Complies with PENN HIGHLANDS DUBOIS policies and procedures, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state or local law and regulations
- Penn Highlands DuBois CRNAs work primarily in a Anesthesia Care Team (ACT) model and enjoy a high degree of autonomy. CRNAs are encouraged to perform to the full scope of their practice including regional anesthesia in which the practitioner is competent to administer. Previous experience with arterial lines, central lines, sub-arachnoid blocks, epidurals, and peripheral nerve blocks is valued, but can be taught on the job to interested CRNAs.
- Case mix is broad and includes cardiac, thoracic, vascular, neuro, general, ortho, plastics, ENT, dental, urology, GI, limited pediatrics, gynecology, and obstetrics. CRNAs are also encouraged to use their knowledge and skills to provide their services for an emerging level 2 trauma program.
- Will work under supervision of endoscopist in off-site GI suite and must perform pre- and post-anesthesia evaluation and care.
- Rotates 2nd call as assigned. Accepts call duty to cover emergency situations when in house CRNA is unavailable. Remains within 30 minutes driving distance of the hospital when on call.
- Responds to codes and provides airway management per hospital policy.
- Works with the anesthesiologist to select appropriate anesthetic agent and technique and will be responsible for the induction and maintenance of anesthesia and analgesia during the intra-operative course, including endotracheal intubation and extubation, management of blood or fluid, and electrolyte loss and replacement, and maintenance of cardiovascular and respiratory functions
- Encouraged but not required to become credentialed at other Penn Highlands facilities to help with coverage as needed.
Location/Region: Du Bois, PA (15801)