The Business Information and Tech group as part of Enterprise Operations provides leadership and strategy for the development and implementation of technology capabilities and the effective use of information assets across the organization. The group serves as a business advocate to ensure enterprise tech capabilities support business needs while maintaining focus on controlling operational risk and promoting resilience.
The Director Information Lifecycle Management is responsible for the global information management program. The individual will lead the organization to become more data driven in decision making and utilizing analytics to develop actionable insight. This includes establishing and managing an information governance function, data quality monitoring, and potentially master data management. Establishes information policies, facilitates data and reporting requirements, defines standard metrics and scorecards, strongly influences the associated enabling technology platforms, and investigates new opportunities to acquire data for use in enterprise decision making. Works closely with business and technology stakeholders to develop enterprise strategy and facilitate governance throughout the information lifecycle (Collection, Classification, Usage, Storage, Retention, Disposal).
• Defines the vision, goals and objective for information lifecycle management and ensures stakeholder alignment on priorities, implementation and governance.
• Develops the ownership, stewardship, operational structure, oversight and assurance of stakeholder participation required to manage information as a critical asset.
• Proactively champions the value of information (data) as a strategic business asset and revenue generator by providing the business and strategy teams with ideas and being able to transform those ideas into action including implementing communication, learning, change management and adoption plans.
• Provides organization, guidance, and oversight for establishing and maintaining principles, role definitions, responsibilities, standards, procedures and accountability for information (data) stewardship.
• Collaborates closely with business leadership to ensure continual alignment around the development, maintenance, access, use, security, retention and retirement of information (data) assets.
• Defines and implements a collaborative approach for proactive monitoring, detecting, assessing and cleansing data quality issues to ensure fitness for intended uses and sustained quality.
• Builds the strategy, develop the roadmap, and manage the backlog and end user support for the application platforms for data governance, data quality monitoring, and master data management capabilities.
• Monitors the cost of collecting, managing, and sharing data while increasing the value of the data to the organization.
• Ensure benefits realization and lessons learned are documented and embedded into subsequent planning cycles and activities
• Leads development and execution of multi-year business plans that address current and emerging information demands, collaborating with other capability owners to drive maturity.
• Develop, design and implement metrics/dashboard reporting for key management initiatives.
• Partners with business analysts, systems analysts, and engineers in requirements gathering and reviews.
• Responsible for analyzing and translating business, information and technical requirements into a strategy that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
• Review current technology solutions and make recommendations based on fit with the organization’s strategic vision.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, preferred.
• 12+ years’ experience in information lifecycle management and/or financial reporting environment including experience with data governance, data quality, master data management, business intelligence and progressive management experience.
• 4+ years management experience.
• Experience with implementing or owning information governance and master data management platforms
• Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to establish goals, objectives, and action plans.
• Ability to assess an enterprise with a broad view and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
• Exceptional written, verbal, communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization including visualizations.
• Strong leader who can work with multiple stakeholders, develop and execute information strategy while being able to manage day-to-day tactical activities.
• Ability to influence organizational change.
• Proactively takes lead in building and leveraging relationships internally and externally.
• Very strong ability to communicate and present to senior and executive level management.
• Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move towards consensus
• Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: McLean, VA