First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate transactions.
- Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and develops escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Opens and manages the most complex and larger dollar size escrow transactions, acting as escrow agent for the Bank
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of assigned escrow customers and brokers. Provides high level of customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals for large dollar escrow transactions.
- Maintain records in the escrow accounting system and customer database.
- Opens the most complex and large dollar size escrow transactions which meet the Bank’s requirements; develops and/or obtains the appropriate escrow documentation in accordance with policy and procedures and applicable statutory and Federal regulations.
- Manages the largest escrow customers and brokers as their relationship manager; provides customer service and develops ongoing escrow referrals. Exercises appropriate judgment to identify potential legal and operating risks, and works with legal counsel to mitigate exposure
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong customer service orientation
- Detail orientation
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 4-6 years experience as an Escrow Officer
- Specialized knowledge in one or more escrow product areas
License or Certification
- Escrow Officer certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or bank
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Salinas, CA