NMSU Carlsbad- Dual Credit Dept. Administrative Assistant, Associate (Req. # 2000410S)
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Works within the Dual Credit Department-Assists Dual Credit Director with student registrations, make appointments, gives general information in response to dual credit and early college high school inquiries, as well as prospect inquires. Sorts and distributes incoming dual credit, early admit, early college high school, and prospect student applications and information.
Under direct supervision, performs a variety of administrative and staff support duties for a specified unit/department, which require a range of skills and a knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Assists and directs visitors, and resolves administrative problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Skill in records maintenance
- Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment; word processing and/or data entry skills; organizing and coordinating skills
- Receptionist skills.
- Ability to perform simple accounting procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures; ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
New Mexico State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, NMSU does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, retaliation, serious medical condition, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, spousal affiliation or protected veteran status in its program or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs.
NMSU is an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer.
Location/Region: Carlsbad, NM