First American Title Insurance Company, the largest subsidiary of First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF), traces its history to 1889. One of the largest title insurers in the nation, the company offers title services through its direct operations and an extensive network of agents throughout the United States and abroad. First American Title provides comprehensive title insurance coverage and professional services for purchases, construction, refinances, or equity loans. The company’s thorough searches, title clearance, and insurance help to produce clear property titles and enable the efficient transfer of real estate. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit www.firstam.com
Responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and process escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
• Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
• Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
• Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
• Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
• Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
• Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
• Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title. • Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions.
• Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
• Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2- 4 years related experience with 3+ years experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant.
• Escrow Officer certification from the Escrow Association or completion of escrow officer training program by a title company or bank.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Ontario, CA