Director of Financial Systems
CAES Inc. is seeking a Director of Financial Systems that will be a key member of the Sector Finance Team. This position reports to the CAES Vice President, Operations Finance and will be located in Lansdale, PA.
This role will serve as a strategic partner and primary point of contact between the Information Technology (IT) organization and the Sector-wide Finance Leadership team, bridging the gap between business stakeholders and technology solution providers. This key leadership role will build strong collaborative relationships with Business Unit leadership and teams, guiding them in effectively leveraging the Oracle systems capabilities to meet strategic objectives by providing knowledge and expertise to department heads and process owners. Partner with Business Unit finance teams on identifying opportunities for technology and prioritizing initiatives.
The Director of Financial Systems is responsible for the strategic oversight and maintenance of the CAES Inc. consolidated financial planning, forecasting and internal reporting systems. This position is responsible for ensuring the data accuracy of the financial reporting and forecasting processes and for financial result consolidations to CAES’ foreign parent, setting the long-term vision for the system across the organization, for overseeing the continuous improvement of the system to achieve efficiency and value-added reporting, for identifying opportunities to use new technologies and processes, and for translating business needs into system functionality that supports the organization and its future growth.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with a strong background in accounting, finance, information systems, and process management. The candidate should also be someone who thrives in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment and can operate and lead effectively through change and transformation.
- Business owner of the CAES ERP system including development and maintenance, security and continuity. Manage implementation of new ERP System inception to go live and post production support
- Partner with senior business and finance leadership to develop business strategies that align with functional transformation efforts/activities
- Establish standardized reports via the Oracle R12 G/L and Reporting Cloud Service
- Future ERP/BI application development, maintenance and support
- Business owner of the finance and accounting systems
- Work with finance and business stakeholders to define business requirements for new systems or system improvements
- Maintain system and support users:
- Develop and conduct user training sessions
- Create and maintain user and system documentation
- Manage user access, roles and provision access to key systems
- Troubleshooting issues such as data, reporting and system issues
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure data integrity
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or related area
- 10-15 years experience with minimum 5 years’ experience in functional knowledge of financial processes and monthly, quarterly and year-end close cycles and 5 years’ experience supporting Oracle ERP technologies (R12 ledger, Hyperion reporting and planning)
- Expert knowledge of approved accounting practices (AR, AP, GL, Invoicing, Inventory) including financial statement information and preparation of financial reports; project accounting; familiarity with financial metrics/KPIs
- Ability to learn and understand business requirements, issues and processes
- Accounting system implementation experience
- Domestic travel required (~20% -25% initially)
- Extensive program management experience, working with internal and external cross-divisional team members, preferably with IS projects
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with both Finance Vice-President leaders and technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to define, recruit, manage, engage and develop a high performing team
- MBA and/or CPA
- Previous experience in a US Government contracting environment
- Program management experience including familiarity with change management processes
- Strong business knowledge and process design skills
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.