Special Education Teachers
Imagine having the chance to make a difference in the life of a child. Our school, North Spring Academy, is a vital part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS). Fully accredited by VAISEF and staffed with licensed, dedicated professionals, we are currently seeking full-time Special Education Teachers to join our team. Through differentiated curricula, small classrooms (10) and professional development, adolescents ages 9–17 can grow to their fullest potential. The work is challenging, but the rewards can be priceless. Are you ready to apply your gifts to a most worthwhile cause?
As a Special Education Teacher, you will champion assessments, instruction, classroom management, documentation, consultation, IEP/IPP report writing, resident supervision and administrative building assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience in the behavioral health field with a desire to become a teacher
- Experience with youths in a residential setting (preferred)
- Ability to obtain a provisional license within 90 days and be fully licensed within 3 years, OR
- Special Education Teacher or Special Education Teacher with a behavioral health background.
- LD and/or ED endorsement (preferred)
- Current Virginia teaching license (preferred)*
- Good computer skills
What You Can Expect from Us
- The deepest satisfaction of helping in child become the best he/she can be
- Competitive pay and educational assistance (for those who are not licensed)
- Medical, vision, and dental coverages
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacations: one week in spring and winter and 2 weeks in the summer
- A beautiful locale situated on 42 acres of scenic green lands in historic Leesburg, VA, approximately 25 miles northwest of Washington, D.C.
North Spring Academy is a year-round school catering to inpatients at North Spring Behavioral Healthcare, a subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS). An 87-bed, Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services (DBHDS)-licensed and Joint Commission-approved psychiatric residential treatment facility, North Spring Behavioral Healthcare, along with North Spring Academy, is well-positioned to help adolescents with special needs thrive.
For immediate consideration, please send an updated resume and letter of interest to:
. Be sure to specify, “Special Education Teachers – 40326” in the subject line.
*Will consider candidates with requisite course work to qualify for a provisional licensure
North Spring Academy and North Spring Behavioral Healthcare are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Location/Region: Leesburg, VA (US)