* Conducts Phase 1-4 Pediatric Cardiology Clinical Trials for patients and captures study-related data for sponsors.
1. Obtains medical history, monitors patient care, assess ongoing patient status and monitors treatment side effects.
2. Coordinate activities of multidisciplinary team that carse for the patient as well as patient visits and necessary testing
3. Documents patient/study results using the electronic medical record (EPIC) and completes data requirements for sponsors. Communicates patient/study results on an on-going basis to research team.
4. Screens and consents patinets for clinical trials using Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines. Provides patient and family support and education regarding protocol related drugs and procedures.
5. Conducts Initiation, monitoring and close out visits with sponsors. Collaborates to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations and standards.
6. Assists with preparing for and responding to audits. Participates in audits. Reports Adverse events and Resolves data queries with sponsors. Processes and ships study required specimens.
7. Processes and ships study required specimens.
Education: Graduate from an accredited professional nursing program, or foreign medical doctor program or equivalent clinical degree and experience.
Licensure, Certification and Registration: Florida state licensure for RNs. Proof of Graduation certificate for foreign trained MDs or equivalents.
Complexity of Work: Ability to travel for protocol related investigator meetings and research related training. This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. The incumbent must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action when required.
Required Work Experience: 1 year of clinical experience. At least 2 years of clinical research experience.
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics. The system offers a diversity of opportunities and specialties matched only by our uniquely skilled team of over 10,000 employees. Memorial Healthcare System has developed a strong organizational culture that empowers its workforce and supports a vibrant patient care environment. In fact, MHS was recognized by the Studer Group with a "Fire Starter Award" for extraordinary outcomes in developing a culture of service and operational excellence.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL