Linux Systems Administrator with LAMP developer skills
TVI MarketPro3 is seeking a creative problem solver who is looking to use technology and innovation to improve and create new products, services, and tools. Candidates should be have previous experience as a Linux administrator and be able to work onsite for forty hours per week. Below are the job requirements:
- 3+ years experience administering Linux servers (CentOS preferred)
- Apache configuration, performance tuning, and debugging in a web hosting environment.
- MySQL configuration, performance tuning, and debugging in a web hosting environment.
- Real-world Linux security experience in a hosting environment with ability to manage servers and applications through PCI compliance processes, diagnose hacks (CMS exploits, SQL/XSS injection, etc) and provide customer-level remedies.
- Experience with SVN and Git.
- Experience in a technical support capacity specifically related to hosting.
- Experience with web site building using CMSs (WordPress, Drupal, etc.)
Duties might include:
- Managing and maintaining Linux packages, security, and performance.
- Identifying network and server bottlenecks, troubleshooting, optimizing, and reporting.
- Migrating LAMP stack web sites, API's, and applications, from server to server or cluster to cluster
- Supporting developers and ensuring that they have the tools needed for rapid development.
- Reporting to end-users, Project Managers, Programmers on statuses of projects via SmartSheet, and other tools.
- Building and configuring both physical servers and VPSs in our on-site data center.
- First-line tech support for our hosting clients: Email configuration, hosting set-up, and general troubleshooting via phone and email.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc…)
- Experience with the Bootstrap framework.
Company Culture: While these responsibilities and qualifications are important, it is also equally important for our candidates to share the same values and vision as our current employees. Our company mission statement is "Building partnerships through focused marketing solutions." We see our customers as more than just an invoice number we value them as a Partner.
Our core values:
- Honesty & Integrity: Doing the right thing for our Partners
- Accountability: Do what you are supposed to do when you are supposed to do it
- Passion for Customer Success: looking out for what is best for our clients
- Teamwork: working together as a group with one common purpose and goal
- 100% Effort: providing our teammates and clients with the best we can offer
- Improvement through Innovation: Find a better way of doing business
TVI MarketPro3 is an automotive marketing company based in Houston, TX. Our company was founded in 1983 and has served franchise automotive dealers for the past 30 plus years. Through multi-channel data driven marketing solutions we provide our clients opportunities to grow their customers base.
Location/Region: Houston, TX (US)