Are you interested in working for a company that fosters growth opportunities, community involvement and a team oriented atmosphere? ClarkDietrich Engineering Services fosters a work-life balance and offers competitive compensation and benefits. Join a team that is STRONGER THAN STEEL℠, by applying to become a Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Coordinator at our McDonough, GA location.
The Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) Coordinator's responsibilities are to perform drafting tasks related to cold-formed metal framing, in a fast paced and high volume professional office environment. The position entails working closely with the General Manager, VDC Manager, Project Managers, Project Engineers and VDC coordinators, to provide professional and accurate BIM framing models, panel drawings and shop drawing packages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and accurately interpret drawings.
- Notify VDC Manager of project conflicts.
- Produce shop drawings, panel drawings, and BIM framing models.
- Draft/Draw necessary sketches and details using AutoCAD, Revit or other design tools.
- Self-check drafting work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Cooperatively work with team members to complete technical tasks.
- Have all project drawings/models reviewed and approved by the General Manager, VDC Manager or Project Manager.
- Increase the specification of ClarkDietrich through shop drawings, BIM framing models and providing technical information.
- Provide assistance to General Manager, VDC Manager and Project Managers to resolve project challenges and deadlines to the satisfaction of the client.
- Working knowledge of structural building components preferred.
- Experience in framing standards and how structural building components are assembled preferred.
- Manage daily duties through tools utilized by management.
- Maintain a clean office environment.
- Cooperatively work with all team members.
- Participate and engage in office meetings and discussions.
- Candidate should have CAD & BIM related experience in structural building applications and experience in building design. Ideal candidate for this position is one who excels in a team environment, can perform technical and drafting/modeling tasks in a group or individual setting, has the ability to multi-task and is not easily overwhelmed, excellent time manager, communicates effectively in all mediums including verbal, written, and CAD. Candidate must be goal oriented, solution driven, and willing to perform team tasks in order to deliver the entire project on-time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of our client/customer.
- Must have some understanding of AutoCAD & Revit. Navisworks, Strucsoft MWF, Autodesk Glue, Autodesk Layout & Autodesk Architecture or COINS knowledge is a bonus.
- Thorough understanding of how to read construction documents, shop drawings, ASI's, etc. provided by General Contractor/Sub contractors.
- Effectively prepares written correspondence in a professional manner.
- Effectively presents verbal presentations.
- Cooperatively communicates with team members.
- Manages project effectively through notifications to team members of conflicts and deadlines.
- Maintains an exceptional rapport with internal and external clients and co-workers through proper time management, project task management, and task focus.
- Builds on demonstrated skill set to reach project completion of office goals through a positive team spirit.
- Effectively collaborates on team tasks as required to complete projects to the satisfaction of the client.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must possess an Associate Degree in Architecture / Engineering, Drafting & Design or related field. A certificate in drafting and design from a technical institute is also acceptable.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written media.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Design/Engineering-related certification.
- Ability to analyze complex drawing information.
- Position requires minimal travel to job site locations, client offices, trade shows, etc.
- Office, job sites and manufacturing facilities
CLARKDIETRICH BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Full benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts and Life Insurance)
- 401(k) with company match
- Relocation Assistance Provided
- Annual Incentive
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Certification Reimbursement Program
- Community Service Day
Location/Region: Mcdonough, GA (US - 30253)