Vermont Maple Sugar Makers’ Association – Communications Manager
Would you like to be part of a team helping to ensure that a sustainable and delicious piece of Vermont’s heritage continues to thrive? Are you highly motivated and passionate about agriculture, community, and maple syrup? The Vermont Maple Sugar Makers’ Association is seeking a full-time Communications Manager. The Communications Manager will play a key role in VMSMA operations through a range of creative, administrative, and technical tasks. The Communications Manager works closely with the Executive Director and is an active participant in association outreach, planning and communications.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Copy edit, proofread, and revise communications to membership and public.
• Assist with planning and coordination of workshops, events and conferences
• Contribute to quarterly print newsletter
• Assist with drafting and sending press releases.
• Deliver content via Facebook, Instagram, website, blog, email, and direct mail.
• Process membership and event registrations.
• Maintain membership and events database.
• Assist association committees.
• Answer phone calls and inquiries from membership.
• Coordinate with external warehouse and vendors managing products and supplies such as brochures, maple syrup grading tools, etc.
• Attend meetings of the Board of Directors and other association committees.
• Five years professional experience.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel and Word
• Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign a plus.
• Understanding of MODX or similar content management systems a plus.
• Experience supervising volunteers a plus.
• Ability to work in a self-directed manner and without daily supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Commitment to innovation and collaboration.
• Understanding of agriculture and the role of farming in the local community.
• Ability to travel to bi-weekly meetings with association staff in the Burlington area.
Hours & Compensation:
Year-round, full-time position based on a 40-hour, Monday – Friday work week with occasional weeknight and weekend travel occurring outside traditional work hours. The salary is in keeping with non-profit pay scales and is commensurate with experience. The VMSMA is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com. Questions can be addressed to Executive Director Amanda Voyer at 802-858-9444.
The Vermont Maple Sugar Makers’ Association is a non-profit that works to promote and protect the integrity of Vermont maple syrup. Founded in 1893, VMSMA works to achieve its mission through providing a statewide forum for communications among Vermont maple industry stakeholders, promoting the stewardship of the culture of pure Vermont maple syrup production, ongoing education for current and future maple producers, and engaging in legislation, policy and programs in Vermont and elsewhere in North America which will benefit Vermont maple syrup industry stakeholders. VMSMA also seeks to increase public awareness regarding the characteristics of pure Vermont maple syrup, including nutritional and health benefits while helping to ensure that all Vermont maple syrup goes to market at a fair price.