Trawick Construction Company, LLC is an established communications construction firm with an unparalleled reputation for high quality outside plant construction. The firm was originally established in 1946 to provide outside plant construction services to the communications industry and has been in continuous operation ever since. The firm continues to focus upon the communications industry and has extensive experience with all of the latest technologies, including fiber optics as well as a comprehensive background in outside plant construction technologies, including directional boring.
Provide management, supervision, scheduling, instructions, interpretation and training for entire OSP Telecom construction project team.
- Hire, manage and train employees; schedule work for crews; ensure employees follow rules, practices and policies and schedules are met on time
- Review paperwork, such as dailies, timecards, billing, etc to ensure accuracy
- Works with staff to perform red lines completion and reconciliation.
- Perform pre and post inspection of jobs, pre-survey work and place one calls; ensure work is complete and clean-up is done
- Troubleshoot project issues as needed
- Represent company with customers, subcontractors, vendors, property owners, utilities, etc.
- Manages the work order status and provides reports as required
- Provides support to Customer in tracking production activities and goals
- Invoice Customer for all work performed using their methods, procedures and programs
- Prepare reports, forecasts, and budgets as required
- Ensure all corporate policies and procedures are followed and contribute to company strategies and plans
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Responsible for the safety on his or her jobsite; including all employees for the Company and any other employers near the jobsite
- Ensure that the Company Safety and Loss Control Program is followed on each jobsite under their supervision and that there are no unsafe conditions or acts at each jobsite
- Ensure that the necessary safety equipment is available and is in proper working order at each jobsite under their supervision and that employees are trained in safe procedures related to their job
- Conduct periodic safety inspections, gate checks and Job Safety Observations (JSO) at each jobsite
- Investigate all accidents and complete accident report in Intellex within 4 hours of the occurrence of the accident/incident
- Conduct weekly safety meetings with all employees
- 5-10 years related experience in OSP Telecom Construction and/or training is a plus; At minimum a high school diploma; a four-year college degree in Business Management, Construction Management, or Engineering is preferred or and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office, email, and other programs
- To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Needs the ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively; and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all staff. This position requires the ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize and re-prioritize daily workload and work with minimum supervision and the ability to establish deadlines, prioritize deadlines, and to meet deadlines.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must be able to drive a manual transmission vehicle, hold a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (no DUIs or serious traffic violations.) Ability to obtain a “Class B” commercial driver’s license.
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays & Vacation (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance Program
Location/Region: Robertsdale, AL