Mortgage Servicing Associate
Perform real estate loan servicing document preparation and processing. Perform quality control activities. Prepare and maintain real estate loan servicing documents and escrow accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain real estate escrow records. Ensures Credit Union has documentation on paid taxes and adequate homeowners and flood insurance. Pay appropriate real estate taxes and insurances. Conduct annual escrow analysis.
- Answer member questions about real estate lending. Provide amortization schedules and loan payoffs to members. Explain disbursal of loan proceeds to members. Review payment schedules so that members understand their repayment obligation.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of the requirements of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) to assist in preparation and maintenance of the loan application register (LAR). Reviews HMDA data quarterly for accuracy and submits reports annually.
- Ensures are documents are completed. Ensures loan information is properly processed into the computer. Prepare satisfactions of mortgages on paid off mortgage loans. Ensures timely clearing of paid real estate loan files.
- Responsible for properly maintaining loan information on core system and all follow-up paperwork including: processing automated payments, payment corrections, and the printing of payment coupons and 1098 tax reporting forms.
- Responsible for the posting and balancing of loan servicing general ledger accounts.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Mortgage Servicing procedures and related laws and regulations.
Experience Required: Two to five years previous Mortgage experience, to include HMDA reporting, is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Location/Region: La Place, LA (US)