To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Accounting & Finance will lead the staff responsible for the various financial related aspects of the college, including but not limited to, general ledger accounting, accounts payable and receivable, hospitality & retail operations accounting, grants & contract accounting, college budgeting & reporting and student financial aid accounting. The Director, in partnership with the Executive Director and CFO, will provide financial oversight for the college, including the various auxiliary enterprise departments and activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oversee all aspects of cash management of the college and assist with management of debt and investments.
- Identify and maintain appropriate internal controls, while continually striving for process improvement and best practices within the department.
- Coordinate and develop college accounting policies and procedures, along with other policies throughout the college.
- Oversee compliance with college, state and federal policies and regulations, while maintaining appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Provide assistance for annual audits of college and related entities.
- Build and present reporting packages to College leadership, covering trends, forecast assumptions and key metrics for the College and related enterprises.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 10 (ten) years related experience
- At least 5 (five) years in a supervisory role
- Advanced knowledge of public sector financial, accounting and budgeting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of current and proposed accounting standards for AICPA, GASB and GAAP.
About this company
With the most credit programs of any community college in Iowa, Kirkwood Community College boasts more than 25,000 annual college-credit students, while maintaining one of the lowest tuitions in the state. All students are eligible for federal financial aid and the college offers $2.4 million in scholarships each year to students from all walks of life. Kirkwood is a convenient, innovative and visionary educational leader that strives to remain affordable and accessible. Kirkwood employees have long set the standard for innovative talent, visionary spirit and overall excellence in their work. Being part of Kirkwood means being part of a deep commitment to the success of every student, every day. As one of Cedar Rapids' top employers, Kirkwood strives to reward employees with a generous benefits package and perks.
Location/Region: Cedar Rapids, IA