The Assistant Property Manager is accountable for managing the day to day operations of the property to maximize revenue generation to meet or exceed established budget parameters. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Provide prompt and superior customer service to all residents, prospective residents, visitors and vendors.
- Be responsive and respectful.
- Be friendly and helpful.
- Be prompt and complete: Get it right the first time.
Rent collection and timely deposit of all rent payments & fees, including posting to resident ledgers.
- Rent is due on the first of the month and delinquent on the second.
- All monies must be posted and deposited on a DAILY basis; be efficient, plan your deposits and make no more than (two) 2 deposits per day.
- “Pay or Vacate” notices must be delivered by the 5th calendar day of the month.
- Post a Notice of Pending Entry and confirm unit is still occupied prior to filing an eviction.
- Evictions must be filed by the 15th of the month.
- At least a monthly review of resident ledgers to ensure appropriate rent posting and related charges prior to month end close.
Conduct Market Surveys and provide recommendations to District Manager
- Market Surveys are to be completed semi-monthly and submitted by the 14th and the 28th of each month.
- Rent schedules with requested rent increases or concessions must be approved by the District Manager by the 25th of each month and sent to the OPS Facilitator.
Plan and execute marketing strategy to qualified sources to increase traffic to the community and/or property
- A detailed marketing plan should be created and implemented each month relating to advertising, outreach marketing, resident retention and community events.
- A minimum of 4 hours per week of outreach marketing is to be done weekly.
- The outreach marketing log is to be sent to the OPS Facilitator on the 14th and 28th of each month.
- Craigslist Ads should be updated on a daily basis, and all other free sources of internet advertising should be updated at least twice weekly.
Oversee and participate in leasing and renewal activities to maximize revenue and retention goals.
- Ensure there are appropriate entryway signage and/or balloons to draw in traffic.
- Answer the phone unless with another customer. A missed call is lost revenue.
- Check phone messages regularly and return calls promptly.
- Check email regularly for electronic inquiries/leads.
- Keep Marketing Path and Show Units fresh and presentable.
- Have prospect complete the guest card and confirm accuracy upon completion.
- Be sure to obtain prospect email address and cell phone number.
- Follow up, follow up, and follow up.
- First contact with renewals should be in person at 120 days prior to lease expiration.
- Lease renewal letters and/or contact should occur at 90, 60, 45 and 30 days prior to expiration.
- All pending renewals must be closed out no less than 30 days prior to lease expiration.
- Be neat, professional and presentable. Smile. More residents RENT and STAY at a property because of management.
Train, direct, motivate and develop property staff to ensure proper performance is obtained to achieve established goals.
- Be sure ALL employees are following policies and procedures.
- Work with employees in deficient areas.
- Document performance that is substandard with the purpose to help improve the performance.
Process of S.O.D.A requests and reconciliations according to policy.
- Units are to be walked with the resident as soon as the Notice to Vacate is received to assess damages and give resident a chance to remedy prior to returning keys.
- Walk and secure the unit immediately upon return of keys and assess any charges necessary.
- The SODA must be completed in Yardi and scanned to the OPS Facilitator within five (5) business days from date of move-out.
Follow established purchase order procedures to effectively manage and monitor expenditures as well as to ensure timely processing all invoicing without exception.
- Purchase orders must be keyed in Yardi and approved PRIOR to ordering goods and services.
- The purchase order number MUST be given to the vendor at time of order.
- The purchase order must be complete with information and have the correct account number.
- All lawn care and snow removal invoices must have inspection sheet attached.
- Invoices with the attached approved purchase orders and inspection sheets MUST be submitted to the corporate office at least weekly.
Oversee maintenance in the preservation of the asset to include capital projects, unit turn policy compliance, and work order processing in addition to inspection of all units to ensure quality standards & resident compliance.
- Ensure excellent curb appeal. All employees are expected to pick up trash when walking by.
- Work Orders should be processed promptly. A call to the resident after service is provided is key to ensuring a satisfied customer. Work orders must be updated in Yardi DAILY.
- All employees, including maintenance, should provide ultimate service. Prompt resolution and follow up is necessary for good service. Be courteous and friendly.
- All occupied units are to be walked within 30 days of move-in, and quarterly thereafter. Check for cleanliness and safety issues.
- Unit turns should be turned and rent ready within five (5) business days of move-out. Every day longer is lost revenue. Getting it done sooner can assist you in growing revenue. Rent Ready units must be updated in Yardi DAILY.
- Ensure all employees perform his/her job within approved safety standards. Check maintenance shop for neatness, orderliness and a safe working environment.
All other duties as assigned.
Manages 1-5 employees in the Maintenance Department as well as the Rental Office. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must possess word processing, on site management, and basic spreadsheet program skills. Must be available two evenings and weekends as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school plus one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The use of hands to finger, handle or feel; reaching with hands and arms; and taste or smell; are routine task. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 20 pounds from floor to waist, from floor to chest and from waist overhead. Since our properties have multiple stories, being able to climb 3 flights of stairs consecutively is also an essential job function. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical objects. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
T&R Properties is a leader in property management and real estate development. Established in 1983 by founder, P. Ronald Sabatino, the company instituted the core values of Quality Construction and Superior Customer Service provided at a competitive price. Mr. Sabatino remains the CEO of the company and is the President of its Development division, and our two golf courses. While the primary business is multi-family housing, T&R has grown over the years, evolving as a large scale in-house developer. Additionally, we own and manage many mixed-use and commercial projects which includes two golf courses. As we continue to flourish and expand, T&R has several developments in progress in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida. If you are looking for a new home for your family, or a new home for your business....Let Us Guide You Home.