: Electrical Engineer Annapolis Junction, MD
Ready to be part of a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Electrical Engineering expertise to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Electrical Engineer large Federal campus facilities.
Parsons' extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement. There are leadership opportunities to work on marquee projects as you, and our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
This role is primarily to support the design functions on refurbishment and renovation of electrical equipment and systems. This role will apply electrical engineering principles and analyses and the selected candidate needs to be proficient in electrical One-Line Diagrams, engineering specifications, schematics and industry standards. You will work with electrical CAD designers to prepare and review drawings, and provide technical input on drawings and specifications suitable for electrical procurement and system demolition and installation. Responsibilities:
- Candidate will support the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) Project and other engineering projects, with possible work with Classified Government Projects.
- The successful candidate will be issued directives from the client and apply electrical engineering skills to plans and prepare design layouts, details of various electrical equipment and systems, and assist in developing bid and contract documents.
- Candidate will be instrumental in designing and producing documents for electrical control, equipment, power generation and electrical systems for simultaneous projects.
- This position may also entail preparing schedules, budgets and status reports.
- Good communication and willingness to work as part of a team will be keys to your success.
- 8+ years of related electrical engineering oversight experience on commercial and industrial multi-use buildings, postal and warehouse facilities, or campus assessment projects.
- BS in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- US citizenship is required.
- Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a high-level US federal security clearance.
- Proficient in reviewing electrical engineering designs and construction plans to assure they meet applicable codes, monetized budgets, and construction schedules.
- Experience with assessing common building electromechanical systems and other electrical supply and distribution equipment and building systems as well as making recommendations for renovation and capital improvement programs.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD MEP 2015 or more recent version, AND AutoCAD REVIT is especially attractive and highly preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) required, multi-state registration is an objective for this candidate.
- NCEES Conference Record will be required within the first six months after hire.
- LEED Certification is a plus.
- Candidate will be expected to travel among the US eastern states approximately 40% of the time.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the professions of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Join our Parsons external referral program. When you refer other top professionals, and they are hired, you are rewarded with a financial incentive. Help us find top talent that you want to work with!
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.
For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Location/Region: Annapolis Junction, MD