The Senior Administrative Program Coordinator is responsible for compliance to ACGME specialty program requirements. The Coordinator is responsible for recruitment, human resources, scheduling, and timekeeping for residents. In coordination with the Fellowship Training Program Directors and Associate Director, the position is responsible for the recruitment/selection process, data collection/reporting on fellows, and all related functions of the programs including planning graduation and orientation, credentialing, and secretarial support for the Directors. This position is the primary contact for the Fellowship Office for all contacting parties, including residents, visitors, applicants, faculty members, hospitals, etc. The Coordinator will concurrently and continually assess and direct a range of programmatic areas including planning, compliance, data management, reporting, etc. This position will report 70% to the Cardiology and Interventional Cardiology Program Directors and TUHVI Administrator and 30% to the Sr. Dept. Administrator in the SOM Graduate Medical Education. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications, including word and excel.
- Ability to be detailed oriented and thorough, and follow through on tasks until completion.
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a dependable and professional manner and make decisions and prioritize based on urgency of situation
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse educational and experiential background.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with candidates, residents/fellows, co-workers, internal and external customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of program management or coordination experience
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)