The Consultant, Process Improvement will play an integral role in the Financial support team and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of continuous improvement and process automation projects. This position will be responsible for leading initiatives by either working with partners to execute on changes or by understanding business requirements and converting them into the appropriate solution designs for execution. They will own the end to end process of initiation of ideas for improvement to execution of the ideas. They must have financial and accounting knowledge to ensure their recommendations are in line with the goals of the department.
The key job responsibilities will include:
- Facilitates change initiatives and solution adoption for Accounting projects and process improvement initiatives, resulting in delivery of anticipated benefits including adjustments in culture, business processes, systems use and behaviors.
- Designs, analyzes and develops detailed project plans and documentation to optimize effectiveness and minimize risk factors impacting solution adoption.
- Develops metrics and dashboard criteria, training and communication plans for initiatives to report out on progress and to drive change.
- Works well with people who are expected to perform the implementation of the change and assists them in organizing the work and tracking the progress to ensure deadlines are met and benefits realized for the initiatives.
- Manages the tasks laid out and escalates any issues clearly and timely
They should understand the business requirements to properly document and communicate the design to Information Technology. They should have an understanding of accounting concepts to assist with design or remediate issues when discovered by the business. They will work closely with Oracle systems, Cognos reporting solutions and business process definition and improvement. They should have expertise in project management methods to coordinate all Accounting and IT teams to the completion of our critical projects. They will also be responsible for executing practices based on PMI and Agile methodology to ensure project value is maximized and risks are minimized.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science, Accounting, Engineering, Math, Science, Business, Finance, Communications)
- 3-5 years in continuous improvement driving of results
- Proficiency in Process Improvement and knowledge of robotic process automation
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing project management strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated experience managing team to the tasks to ensure successful delivery.
- RPA Software (UI Path, Blue Prism, Other) a plus
- Workflow technologies
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, outstanding relationship management, compelling interpersonal skills, excellent customer service focus.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and bring complex projects to timely completion.
- Ability to drive change across different parts of the organization.
- Solid experience with financial reporting and budgetary process.
- Advanced analytic and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated skill in business process modeling, analysis and design tools and business process management automation technologies.
- Experience in working on projects that leverage agile development with frequent releases a plus
Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location/Region: Boca Raton, FL