Job Description Details:
A member of Trinity Health, Holy Cross Hospital is a full-service, non-profit, Catholic, teaching hospital operating in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
The Director of Ambulatory Surgery's responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- Overseeing & working with the Surgical Services specialty coordinators to prepare departmental, operational, & capital budgets.
- Surgery Billing
- Effectively coordinating & supervising the activities of clinical staff.
- Establishing appropriate RN/Scrub Tech staffing levels.
- Working closely with Hospital T&D Personnel to ensure appropriate orientation, training, completion of competencies & mandatory requirements.
- Establishing &implementing an educational program for all employees.
- Sharing appropriate information with department staff & administration through timely oral & written communication, including management reports.
- Directing all Quality Assurance activities.
- Supervising personnel in a fair & consistent manner.
- Operational & capital budget planning, implementing and controlling.
- Acting as Agency Director of the Tissue Bank; is responsible for:
- Performing other job-related duties within scope of job.
- Assuming responsibilities for insuring continued professional growth & competency of practice.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Bachelor's degree in related area with a Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years Peri-Operative experience with significant experience in Orthopedics.
- Progressive Management experience.
- BLS/ACLS required.
- CASC preferred.
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity. About Us
Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation's largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations - including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you'll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health.
Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity.
Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.
Location/Region: Fort Lauderdale, FL