Technical Service Representative - Service Engineer
As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Technical Service Representative to join its industry leading sales and service team. You’ll partner with Sales Representatives on executing service plans in strategic district accounts and providing customers with problem solving support. You’ll also assist District Sales Representatives with launching new applications in current customer accounts and in transitioning competitively-held accounts to Nalco Water. This position requires you to install, maintain and calibrate chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment.
What’s in it For You:
- You’ll join a growth company offering a competitive pay and benefits
- A company vehicle and cell phone
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representatives in strategic district accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance plans
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Execute required chemistry tests, log and report data, and maintain product inventories at customer accounts
- Install, calibrate and maintain chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment at customer accounts
- This position is based in St. Louis, MO
- Territory covers about a 200-300 mile radius of the surrounding area
- Targeted accounts are within the institutional and industrial marketplace
- 25% overnight travel required
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem.
Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters in Naperville, IL; travel is arranged and paid for by Nalco Water. Based on your skill level and experience, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, sales management and leadership, classroom training and certifications.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions;
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear;
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam.
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO