Is this you??? – Sr. Swine Farm Manager
Salary $52k-$72k DOE + Bonus + Relocation + Benefits – Vandalia, IL area
- Management/Leadership Experience/Team Size
- Sow farm experience – at least 3 Years
- Managing at least a 2000 head sow farm
- Managing at least 6-8 people
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Genetic Experience preferred but not required
- Bilingual preferred
Sr. Swine Farm Manager Summary
This role leads a team of animal caretakers with accountability and oversight for the financial, biologic, and genetic improvement performance of a Genetic Nucleus Sow Farm. This position oversees the integrity of all genetic records collected and analyzed to achieve system level genetic improvement through implementation of best practices in a maximum biosecure self-sustaining genetic nucleus sow farm.
- Oversight and overall accountability for accurate and timely Genetic records, farm reports, animal identification and genotyping including the training, implementing, and auditing of all work instructions for Genetic and Breed-to-Wean management activities.
- Execute breeding plans focused on pure line selection to maximize genetic improvement driving profitability within the TML commercial system including overseeing and monitoring breeding stock selection.
- Responsible for the full Profit and Loss (P&L) of a multi-million dollar, genetic nucleus asset base to include leading the development of annual operating goals, human resource needs, Farm Business Plans and daily management to reduce controllable costs.
- Establish strict farm-specific biosecurity plans that comply with all company and farm-level standard work, implement preventative and therapeutic health treatment programs and implement individual pig care practices to maintain the health and well-being of all animals.
- Plan production, set goals, monitor and track production performance for the farm while ensuring the implementation of standard operating procedures through team training and audits.
- Implement technologies and other innovations to improve the genetic process in accordance with defined Quality Management System procedures and promote the implementation of all improvement protocols to improve production.
- Support reporting systems that drive analysis and reporting of key success factors.
- Oversee Human Capital Management including hiring, staffing, on-boarding, training and terminations in alignment with company policies and provide direct leadership to a team of animal caretakers.
- Promote safe work habits, a safe work environment, and ensure reporting of all work related injuries and near miss situations.
- Work with Facilities/Projects resources to identify building and equipment repair needs as well as facilitating major capital repairs, routine repairs, and preventative maintenance.
- Implement best management practices for the environment
Contact me via email if interested with resume and salary requirements to:
OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role please refer them by forwarding this email or sharing on social media.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.
Location/Region: Vandalia, IL