Quality Control Manager*
LocationAK08 - Alaska, Fairbanks
Position ScheduleFull Time
Bristol Design Build Services, LLC is seeking a Quality Control Manager in Fairbanks, AK. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and managing quality control and quality assurance processes, procedures, and documentation associated with deliverable preparation, tracking, and reviews for construction, fuels, environmental remediation and demolition.
The Quality Control Manager ensures that project goals are achieved within the given timeframe and budget, by:
• Assist in preparing proposal technical approach and cost related to Quality Program implementation.
• Prepare Quality Control Project Plans, including Definable Features of Work, inspection requirements, and testing plan. Prepare appropriate, targeted field forms associated with this Plan.
• Ensure compliance with Submittal requirements, including maintaining submittal logs, tracking review/approval/resubmittal, and review of technical submittals as required based on subject matter expertise.
• Assist project team in preparing RFIs as necessary.
• Implement field 3-phase Quality Control process in accordance with USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors training.
• Document field quality deficiencies, and track via Deficiency Log through closeout.
• Build and lead a QC team of subject matter experts to execute successful job specific QC programs.
• Work with field team to understand the timing and rationale for quality “hold points” for inspection and testing. Plan with the field team to effectively implement the inspection and testing plan.
• Complete targeted Daily Quality Control Reports, notes of Preparatory and Initial Phase meetings, and reports of deficiencies. The focus must be on features of the work inspected and tested and the results of those inspections/testing, not field productivity.
• Report the status of quality program implementation to the Program Quality Control Manager, with copies to PM and Site Superintendent.
• Based on experience and expertise, assist project team in resolving outstanding quality concerns. Troubleshoot and problem solve as required on all projects.
• Qualified applicants must have a proven track record of meeting production, quality and customer service standards in a fast paced construction environment.
High School Diploma or equivalent; however, may require Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management dependent on project requirements. Year for year experience may be potentially substituted in lieu of degree, dependent on project requirements.
Minimum of five years recent experience as a Project Manager, Project Superintendent, Construction Manager, Project Engineer/Scientist or Quality Control for USACE, NAVFAC, AFCEC and/or SRM projects.
• Must be able to pass a security clearance
• Must have clean driving record to get on Eielson AFB.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Must have current CQCSM certification
Required Knowledge or Skills
• Management for contractors, and appropriate experience and expertise implementing inspection and testing programs for remediation and construction projects.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Detail oriented problem solver.
• Direct experience with and established relationships with Federal clients.
• Ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically and creatively, draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
• Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills to assist and communicate with staff and clients.
• Knowledge of and proficient in the use of USACE RMS system highly desired.
• Strong Excel and Word skills.
• Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
• OSHA 30 highly desired
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER a plus
• Extensive travel may be required
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
Prefer broad experience in a wide range of civil, vertical construction, demolition and environmental remediation. Prefer experience with updating corporate quality plans and developing project-specific quality control inspection/testing plans and field forms for a wide range of projects. Prefer a demonstrated track record of mentoring field quality technicians. At least five years Federal Government/Military experience. Demonstrated experience reading plans and specifications.
• Light physical workload.
• Employee must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
• Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions.
• The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout. The worker is subject to a variety of physical conditions – proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker may be required to wear a respirator.
• The worker may be frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, manholes, small-enclosed rooms, small sewage and water line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions – fumes, odors, dusts, mist, gases or poor ventilation.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent salary and benefit package to include: paid time off, paid holidays, comprehensive health insurance plan including medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, long term disability insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match.
Bristol companies are equal opportunity employers and offer any available positions to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, parenthood, pregnancy, marital status or changes in marital status, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. This applies to recruitment, placement, pay, benefits, training, employment status changes, social and recreational programs, and other conditions and benefits of employment. As an Alaska-Native owned company, Bristol companies seek out and hire qualified Alaska Natives and other minorities.
Location/Region: Fairbanks, AK