Manufacturing Controller – Ithaca, NY area (Salary $80-120k DOE + 10% Bonus + Relocation + Benefits) code MCMSTMCONT
We have been retained by a leading manufacturing company to find the best and brightest Manufacturing Controller in Ithaca, NY area. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or related field. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years related work experience.
- Must possess excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook and Internet required. Experience with Hyperion and Infor ERP desired.
- Prior accounting and/or finance work experience in manufacturing preferred.
Manufacturing Controller Summary
The Financial Controller is responsible for examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting records to prepare financial statements and monthly management information reports, audit and evaluate statements prepared by others, installing or advising on systems of recording costs or other financial and budgetary data, and ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. The Financial Controller is also responsible for the accounting for the Company Power Services USA Holding entity.
- Manage day to day operations of Finance department
- Prepare monthly financial statements and other reports to be used by (senior) management for analyzing financial information.
- Calculates production costs, such as labor, material, and time costs, and overhead expenditures. Examines records, such as payroll, operations charts and production schedules, to obtain data for calculations. Prepares reports showing total costs.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Apply the financial policies and procedures of the company. Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of (senior) management.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses by entering, compiling, and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; and reconciling entries.
- Prepare information for raw material purchases from key supplier.
- Is process owner for the annual operating budgeting process through analysis and review of annual operating budget proposal. Update budgeting model and collect relevant information from all departments.
- Performs internal audits of accounts payable, payroll distribution, fixed assets, and cash. May make correcting journal entries in assigned areas.
- Prepare information for and assist with external audits. Provides technical support to outside auditors and governmental program auditors.
- Prepare information for and assist with annual tax return.
- Bring to the notice of the management issues which affect cash flow, expenses and balances.
- On occasion, may serve as a backup for payroll processing activities.
- Reviews and recommends modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Examine financial records, collect information, prepare reports, and make recommendations.
- Prepare and recommend accounting and finance processes and procedures.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Acts as legal representative for the company in the Officer role of Treasurer and Vice President.
- Acts as Fiduciary for the company 401(k) Plan.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements. Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Secures financial information by completing applicable backups.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Assure job knowledge is kept up-to-date by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and/or participating in professional organizations.
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned.
Must have experience with the following
- Prior experience working with ERP and/or MRP systems, reporting, auditing, and operational procedural development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated individual capable of working independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent attention to details with the ability to consistently provide accurate and timely work product. Strong ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to interface with other departments and teams in a professional and cooperative manner
Permanent U.S work available; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.
Location/Region: Ithaca, NY