The Leasing Consultant reports to the Property Manager and supports the leasing operations and financial performance of an assigned apartment community for MAA. Primary responsibilities include interacting with prospective residents, communicating the resident value of living in an MAA community, and securing lease agreements. Initiates the verification process to qualify prospective residents. Communicates lease expirations and facilitates lease renewals. Assists with property marketing activities.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA’s Core Values throughout all aspects of MAA. Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs leasing of apartment units at the assigned property to prospective residents by communicating the value of residence at the assigned property.
• Responds to phone and email inquiries from prospective residents. Applies sales techniques to schedule tours of the property. Meets with prospective residents and checks the availability of units based on preferences and budget.
• Collects required information from prospective residents to qualify residents for a lease. Completes all forms and data entry associated with leasing activities.
• Notifies prospective resident of approval or disapproval. Assists qualified prospective residents with completing lease agreement and collects initial rent and deposit payments. Assists new residents with the move-in process.
• Prepares and maintains a file for each resident according to policy and procedures.
• Proactively contacts residents with expiring leases to propose renewals and close the renewal of the lease in advance of the lease expiration. Communicates and reinforces the resident value proposition to overcome resistance and secure renewal agreements.
• Assists with marketing efforts in the community to promote positive awareness of the property and increase traffic of prospective residents. Contacts prospective residents by phone to market the property and schedule tours.
• Receives and corresponds with residents regarding service or other needs. Prepares work orders for service and triages requests to staff members as appropriate. Promotes positive resident relations and provides customer service and responsiveness to resident needs and concerns.
• Ensures adherence to MAA policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting incidents.
• Supports Open Arms and other initiatives that demonstrate and enhance Mid-America’s corporate culture.
• Monitors the property landscape and other attributes to identify and report potential safety hazards and concerns and to ensure quality property aesthetics.
• Adheres to a varied work schedule, including weekends and some holidays, as required to be available to current and prospective residents.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
Location/Region: Higley, AZ (85236)